Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recent Happenings and 2013 in General

Well...

It's been a very long time, and I'm sorry for that. Things will heat up again for Mad Atlantic in one way or another. I have a multitude of projects simply waiting to be finished, all of which fall under the Mad Atlantic moniker. I can't tell you whether or not they will reach your ears but here's everything that's brewing:


  • Three hard rock songs, all of which I'm having difficulty writing lyrics for
  • A less-hard-rock-but-still-hard-rock song which may or may not expand into an EP
  • An ambient/experimental/modern classical album that is moving slowly
  • An acoustic song along the strain of "Lady Time" that I'm working on presently
This may mean that, instead of an album, you'll get a series of EPs over the next year, but I intend on completing all of them to some extent.

In the meantime, here's what I've been doing that's been keeping me so busy:

  • I released "One for the Silence", which is a free one-off Mad Atlantic single that I made in some free time over the past month. It's not indicative of any recent changes in sound, but it does show off how I've grown as an audio mixer. I feel I can finally bring you what I envision in my music.
  • Multiple releases under the moniker DJ Hawken: a series of singles and two mashup albums, all of which you can check out here
  • Producing a track or two (or more) for MA Johnson, whose music you can check out here, as well as pursuing collaborations with a couple other rappers and producers
  • DJing out (a lot)
  • Finishing work on a brand new debut EP, "Zero", for my project Zero Tep, which will arrive March 5th.
2012 was a very prolific year for me and I don't plan on slowing down, just being a little more deliberate from now on. I used to release things when I really felt like it, but while breaking into the professional world (even just a little bit), I've learned it's better to release just your best material to start.

That being said, anything Mad Atlantic will come out in its own time. I've been actively at work on new material for almost a year now, but I have a lot of ideas and I'm simply waiting for them to blossom, which they are doing. Slowly.

Thanks for your patience,
Kaelin Bougneit

No comments:

Post a Comment