Monday, October 19, 2009

Swine Flu...and More Floyd

Well, the swine flu has gotten enough coverage everywhere else, so why not on my blog?

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have it. And so does my mom (who is feeling much worse). But, I figured that since I was home sick, I might as well put my time to good use. So, I've been working on some new tracks (I won't give specifics yet) and also playing around with my new toy: Ableton Live 8.

I think I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do and it already blows me away. There are so many buttons, functions, and parameters that I don't have any idea what they do. But, I think I'll figure it out eventually. I really don't know why I didn't start using Live earlier.

So, here's the fun part for you (the reader).

I must have been crazy. Honestly. I attempted my own version of the classic Pink Floyd song "On the Run." It's pretty different, but give it a shot. I'm pretty impressed by how easy it was for a noob like me to use Ableton Live 8, and I've got to say, it was simple.

So here it is:

On the Run

Mad Atlantic

1 comment:

  1. Anyone want to hear some good Floyd? Check out Kael and Mike when they decide to record. It's sounding pretty wicked at my house!

    ReplyDelete